Nationals Review

Friday, June 10, 2005

Breaking Nats News

Fresh off the wires...

The Nats trade Tomo Ohka to the Brewers and get 2B Junior Spivey. Also, Jeffrey Hammonds retires and Sunny Kim moves into the starting rotation, presumably tonight against the M's. Trader Jim also picks up former Rangers ace Ryan Drese off waivers.

Short-term, this looks like a good deal. But now, our vaunted pitching depth has vanished with Jon Rauch injured, Claudio Vargas released and Tomo Ohka traded.

Ryan Drese is a real gamble. He had some solid minor league peripheral numbers, but his 2004 season was pretty much smoke and mirrors; he's been awful this season. Perhaps a change from hitter-friendly Ameriquest Field to RFK will do him some good.

3 Comments:

  • Hello Josh, wow you've got an impressive site. I found you while searching for the latest information on consumer product review and even though Breaking Nats News was not a perfect match for what I was seeking, I can see why I found your page while looking for consumer product review related information. Anyway I'm glad I stopped by, great post and thanks for the read!

    By Blogger cholcont, at 7:49 AM  

  • Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
    I have a software site/blog. It pretty much covers software related stuff.
    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    By Blogger Tinwa, at 8:07 PM  

  • Hey this blog is not about spyware

    I have been doing hours of research on "Full Software Download" and it brought me to your blog on Breaking Nats News. Anyways, Josh I was reading your blog and I think it is really cool. It’s really a pleasure reading your posts! Keep up the great work.

    Keep blogging away :-)

    By Blogger Ester, at 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home